Acceptable Use Policy
The forums define spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated content. Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc.
Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users.
DO NOT ASK for email addresses or phone numbers
Your account will be banned permanently and your posts will be deleted.
- Do not post copyright-infringing material
Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain copyrighted materials is forbidden.
- Do not post “offensive” posts, links or images
Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures.
- Do not cross post questions
Please refrain from posting the same question in several forums. There is normally one forum which is most suitable in which to post your question.
- Do not PM users asking for help
Do not send private messages to any users asking for help. If you need help, make a new thread in the appropriate forum then the whole community can help and benefit.
- Remain respectful of other members at all times
All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective.
However, you are NOT free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule.
General Posting Guidelines
- Please use SEARCH first.
There is a pretty good chance that unless you have some really odd or unique problem that it has been addressed on our forum before, please use the forum’s search feature first to see if there are already some good threads on the subject. It’s easy to search – just click the “Search” button at the top of the page.
- Be DESCRIPTIVE
PLEASE post a descriptive topic name. Give a short summary of your problem IN THE SUBJECT.
General Forum Questions
Am I allowed more than one account?
No, there is no reason why you should have more than one account at Nearme Directory forums. If you are banned from the forums, please do not create a new account. If you continue to create new accounts after you have been banned, your IP address will be blocked from the forums.
What happens if I break a rule?
If you break a rule, then you will either be warned or banned. A ban of your user account may either be temporary or permanent. The administrators and moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
What happens if I see a thread/post which has broken a rule?
Please report the thread/post to the moderators or admin.
Becoming a moderator
All moderator applicants must be a member for at least 180 days (6 months) and have at least 100 posts.
You must be active in the individual forums you wish to moderate and regularly create and respond to threads in those forums.
You must also maintain a working knowledge of the subject matter.
Please be aware that applying to be a moderator does not guarantee acceptance and that moderators will only be appointed when needed.
Current moderators and administrators will review applications and decide if the applicant fits the desired post. Administrators have the final say and we reserve to right to refuse applicants with or without cause.
In Order To Apply To Be A Moderator You Must be:
- a forum regular user.
- have been at the forum for over 6 months.
- have a positive presence on Pccg Forums.
- be proactive.
- knowledgeable in the Forums they would like to moderate.
- polite and helpful towards other members.
- help to keep unsuitable content out of the forums.CONTRIBUTIONSIn this Policy, the term ‘Contribution’ means:
- any data, information, software, text, code, music, scripts, sound, graphics, photos, videos, tags, messages, interactive features, or other materials that you post, share, upload, submit, or otherwise provide in any manner on or through to the Services; or any other content, materials, or data you provide to Gearmod Pvt Ltd or use with the Services.
- you are the creator and owner of or have the necessary licences, rights, consents, releases, and permissions to use and to authorise us, the Services, and other users of the Services to use your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Services and this Policy;all your Contributions comply with applicable laws and are original and true (if they represent your opinion or facts);the creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party; and you have the verifiable consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in your Contributions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Services and this Policy.
- is in breach of applicable laws, regulation, court order, contractual obligation, this Policy, our Legal Terms, a legal duty, or that promotes or facilitates fraud or illegal activities; is defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, insulting, intimidating, bullying, abusive, or threatening, to any person or group; is false, inaccurate, or misleading; includes child sexual abuse material, or violates any applicable law concerning child pornography or otherwise intended to protect minors; contains any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner; promotes violence, advocates the violent overthrow of any government, or incites, encourages, or threatens physical harm against another; is obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libellous, slanderous, contains sexually explicit material, or is otherwise objectionable (as determined by us);is discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; bullies, intimidates, humiliates, or insults any person; promotes, facilitates, or assists anyone in promoting and facilitating acts of terrorism; infringes, or assists anyone in infringing, a third party’s intellectual property rights or publicity or privacy rights; is deceitful, misrepresents your identity or affiliation with any person and/or misleads anyone as to your relationship with us or implies that the Contribution was made by someone else than you; contains unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation that has been ‘paid for’, whether with monetary compensation or in kind; or misrepresents your identity or who the Contribution is from.
- you have firsthand experience with the software, services and goods being reviewed; your Contribution is true to your experience; you are not affiliated with competitors if posting negative reviews (or linked in any way to, e.g., by being the owner or seller/manufacturer of, a product or service if posting positive reviews);you cannot make or offer any conclusions as to the legality of conduct; you cannot post any false or misleading statements; and you do not and will not organise a campaign encouraging others to post reviews, whether positive or negative.
- REPORTING A BREACH OF THIS POLICYWe may but are under no obligation to review or moderate the Contributions made on the Services and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage resulting from any of our users’ breach of this Policy.If you consider that any Content or Contribution:breach this Policy, please email us at [email protected], visit https://nearme.directory/contact, or refer to the contact details at the bottom of this document to let us know which Content or Contribution is in breach of this Policy and why; or infringe any third-party intellectual property rights, please email us at [email protected].
- CONSEQUENCES OF BREACHING THIS POLICYThe consequences for violating our Policy will vary depending on the severity of the breach and the user’s history on the Services, by way of example:We may, in some cases, give you a warning and/or remove the infringing Contribution, however, if your breach is serious or if you continue to breach our Legal Terms and this Policy, we have the right to suspend or terminate your access to and use of our Services and, if applicable, disable your account. We may also notify law enforcement or issue legal proceedings against you when we believe that there is a genuine risk to an individual or a threat to public safety. We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to any of your breaches of this Policy.
- COMPLAINTS AND REMOVAL OF LEGITIMATE CONTENTIf you consider that some Content or Contribution have been mistakenly removed or blocked from the Services, please refer to the contact details at the bottom of this document and we will promptly review our decision to remove such Content or Contribution. The Content or Contribution may stay ‘down’ whilst we conduct the review process.If you break a rule, then you will either be warned or banned. A ban of your user account may either be temporary or permanent. The administrators and moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning when interacting on our forum.
When using the rest of our site and mobile application, we will conduct routine checks to make sure you are using the site as intended to avoid spam and attempts that degrade the usability and experience of our users on the site.
Gearmod Pvt Ltd is under no obligation to monitor users’ activities, and we disclaim any responsibility for any user’s misuse of the Services. Gearmod Pvt Ltd has no responsibility for any user or other Content or Contribution created, maintained, stored, transmitted, or accessible on or through the Services, and is not obligated to monitor or exercise any editorial control over such material. If Gearmod Pvt Ltd becomes aware that any such Content or Contribution violates this Policy, Gearmod Pvt Ltd may, in addition to removing such Content or Contribution and blocking your account, report such breach to the police or appropriate regulatory authority. Unless otherwise stated in this Policy, Gearmod Pvt Ltd disclaims any obligation to any person who has not entered into an agreement with Gearmod Pvt Ltd for the use of the Services.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have any further questions or comments
or wish to report any problematic Content or Contribution
, you may contact us by:
Email: [email protected]